WaterLovers Beach Resort
With eight spacious suites and a private villa, WaterLovers Beach Resort on Diani Beach along Kenya's tropical south coast offers a perfect setting for a relaxing beach holiday. Lazy and leisurely or adventure-packed with activities, WaterLovers has something for everyone.
- Picturesque beachfront hotel
- On Kenya's tropical south coast
- Eight spacious suites with private, sea-facing verandahs
- Private villa with fully equipped kitchen for families and groups
- Turtle-shaped infinity swimming pool
- Restaurant and beach bar
- Kitesurfing, scuba diving, snorkelling water activities per request
- Exotic Mediterranean cuisine
WaterLovers is a colourful and quaint beachfront resort on Kenya's tropical southern coastline, kissed by the warm, azure waters of the Indian Ocean. Owner-built and managed, the resort offers a personalised, relaxing holiday away from the crowds.
Spacious, cool accommodation
WaterLovers has eight suites, all with air-conditioning, fans, mosquito nets, a complimentary cell phone SIM for the duration of your stay, free WiFi, iPod, iPhone and MP3 docking stations. Double and triple rooms are available and each spacious suite has a private veranda overlooking the Indian Ocean.
There is also a private villa, which has four bedrooms, two of which have en-suite bathrooms and two of which share a bathroom. The villa is perfect for families or groups of friends travelling together. It has generous king-sized beds, is air-conditioned, and is spacious. You can either prepare your own meals in the fully appointed kitchen, or you can arrange for the lodge's on-site restaurant, The Tides, to serve meals to you in the villa. The Tides serves excellent Mediterranean-style cuisine using fresh, local ingredients. Bread and pastries are baked fresh every day, and the pasta is handmade, too.
If you stay in the suites, you can choose the bed and breakfast option, and dine at The Tides for lunch and supper.
Space to relax and activities to entertain
WaterLovers Beach Resort offers plenty of shady corners, cool verandas and palm-fronded beaches to simply relax and unwind. If you’re more the active type, there's loads to do and see:
- Shimba Hills Nature Reserve, a sanctuary for elephant, buffalo, antelope and other wildlife, is 35 km away
- Extensive coral reefs can be reached within 10 minutes by kayak where the tropical seabed can be explored with snorkels
- The reef is diverse and offers a variety of diving spots where you can see colourful reef fish, beautiful sea turtles and giant whale sharks (November to March)
- Big game fishing can be arranged; blue marlin, sailfish, tuna and the like
- The coral reef forms a natural protective barrier, making swimming safe (no sharks)
- Conditions good for kitesurfing and windsurfing with a local watersports centre offering lessons to beginners
- 18-hole golf course a few minutes away from the lodge
- Kisite Marine National Park, famous for its stunning and intact coral gardens with more than 250 species of marine life is a short drive away
- A selection of pampering massage therapies, skin and body treatments and yoga lessons are available
Custom-built to be eco-friendly
The lodge has been constructed using local materials from sustainable sources and no trees or plants were cut down in the process. The owners are concerned about the environment and do what they can to adopt responsible tourism practices: the use of solar power, using recycled glasses, supporting local projects and protecting the fauna and flora around the resort. They have written a booklet on the local environment to help you identify and enjoy the local wildlife, which includes a few families of rare black and white Colobus monkeys, bushbabies and many varieties of colourful birds.
WaterLovers is about 35 km south of Moi International Airport at Mombasa. Regular scheduled flights connect to over 20 cities in the region and 18 airlines fly direct to Mombasa from Europe. It's a 1-hour flight from Nairobi to Moi. From the airport, it’s a 1¼-drive which includes a ferry crossing from Mombasa (the ferry is operated 24/7).
Our take on WaterLovers Beach Resort
A bright and beautiful, inviting lodge in a beach paradise setting – what more could you ask for? The owners are passionate and involved, eager to make your stay as special as possible – as is very apparent in their motto, "come as a client and leave as a friend".
- Bed and Breakfast
- Can also be booked on full board basis
- Lunch and dinner if guests have chosen B&B option
- Recreational and sports activities
- Snorkelling equipment and kayak
- Massage therapies, body care and skin treatments
- Yoga sessions
- Fishing trips
- Daily excursions
- Items of a personal nature
You may also want to look at
The Driftwood Beach Club
Privately owned, The Driftwood Beach Club is near the historical town of Malinda, on the shores of Kenya’s tropical coast. Its own private beach looks onto the warm Indian Ocean. There’s a rich local history, excellent watersport, diving and snorkelling opportunities, excellent birding and, of course, plenty of time to relax and unwind.
Coastal Kenya Tropical Beach Paradise
East Africa's Kenya is a favourite "beach and bush" destination - with arguably the best safari destinations and the most perfect tropical beaches. The accommodation - whether bush or beach - ranges from rustic and adventurous to family-friendly, romantic honeymoon hideaways to lavish, exclusive luxury. Whether you want to simply relax after a safari or explore and experience the coastal attractions and water activities, Coastal Kenya has a place just for you.